RE: Web Services Definition and XML

It seems to me that this means that our Reference Architecture must be based
on XML.  The definition of "web services" in the requirements need not be
based on XML so long as we make it clear that our reference architecture
will recommend the use of XML wherever appropriate in the definition, wire
format, payload, orchestration, security, etc. of web services.

Could you live with that?

If not, I could live with a clarification saying our definition only applies
to "XML web services", and that's the only piece of the web services meme to
which we claim ownership.