Re: Late binding

Hi Jeff,

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 09:12:05PM -0700, Jeff Mischkinsky wrote:
> <shieldsOn>
> My answer is that they all do. The binding time does not affect that
> question because it doesn't change the computational power of the system.
> What changes is the style of the computation and how it is encoded.

Without getting into all of that, because I consider it a red herring,
let me try to provide an example.

Suppose you were given this URI, and were told that it identified a SOAP
service of somebody who sold shoes;

http://joes-shoes.example.org/111111

How would you go about ordering shoes in this case, keeping in mind that
there's been no prior communication between yourself and this service
provider?