RE:S600: Comments on the Web Services Architecture Usage Scenario s document (was Re: New draft of the Web Services Architecture Usage Scen arios document)

Hugo,

It is good to see "Address based discovery" in the document,
and I am in general agreement with your comments, except one.

As you know, URL, as defined in [1], includes other protocols apart from
http.
Though HTTP GET may be listed as a "candidate technology," as you suggest,
my preference is
not to limit ourselves to HTTP. An application may want to use ftp based
service discovery,
or smtp based. Or, a SOAP based service discovery (assuming whatever
underlying protocols).

Just leave the door open for discovery:-)

Regards,

-Suresh
Sterling Commerce

[1] http://www.w3.org/Addressing/rfc1738.txt