From: Darran Rolls [mailto:Darran.Rolls@waveset.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 7:18 PM
To: ECKERT,ZULAH (HP-Cupertino,ex1); WSA W3C Public (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Proposal for new Goal: AG007 Management and Provisioning

Comments:

-- I fully support the separation of managerial elements of the architecture into the separate goal AG007.

-- As a representative from a provisioning solutions company I'm obviously happy to see the word "Provisioning" so clearly called out ;-).  That said, I don't see why we would do this above other mgmt disciplines.  I would rather see it identified in a separate sub-goal or requirement thus:

	"AG|R XXXX   The WSA should include a reference model for
provisioning of all elements of a web service that is consistent with emerging WS identity and general service provisioning standards"

-- I therefore propose the following amendments to the main description of the goal:
	AG007 - WS Management
	The WSA must provide guidelines on how to manage the
	complete life-cycle of an operating web service.

Darran Rolls                      http://www.waveset.com
Waveset Technologies Inc          drolls@waveset.com
(512) 657 8360

change