From: Mark Baker [mailto:distobj@acm.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 12:04 AM
To: Damodaran, Suresh
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: Re: [hst] ebXML

Suresh,

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 02:34:02PM -0500, Damodaran, Suresh wrote:
> Components: Party, Role, Service, Actions, Collaboration Protocol Profile
> (CPP), Collaboration Protocol Agreement (CPA), Registry, Attachment.

My response to this is the same as to Hao's WSDL harvesting; those
are all roles which components can play (except for maybe Role and
Action? not sure).  We'd have to look at a deployment to see how
those roles are implemented in software.

> Connectors: Message Service Handler (MSH), Business Service Interface
(BSI)

I've thought hard about this one.  Yes, I think both of those contribute
to the semantics of an ebXML connector (as I understand the role of a
BSI), though they aren't themselves connectors.  But if we proceed along
these lines, I'd also count the implicit POST-like action on the ebXML
MS.  And the CPA, which defines the supported business transactions,
i.e. actions - so there's actually two actions for ebXML messages which
use a CPA, which is odd.

> Data Elements: ebXML Message, Business Process Specification, Business
> Document, Business Transaction, Binary Collaboration.

Except for the message itself, I think those are good examples of data
elements.