RE: [RTF] Conceptual Management Model (call for public discussion s)

A couple of questions ... First, what's the difference between a "conceptual
management model" and a "reference architecture."  Is this just re-stating
some other requirement in a different way?

Also, is there some well-established body of theory or practice that we
could draw on to define a "conceptual management model" for web services
components and instances?  I'm leery of doing computer science (or
management science) by committee; I think W3C WGs are most effective when
they sort out the most or less arbitrary differences among established
practices than when they try to break new ground.