RE: Web Service Definition [Was "Some Thoughts ..."]

OK, but let me make sure I understand: isn't orchestration (and security,
and probably some other things) part of the web services *architecture* even
if they are not integral to the definition of a "web service"?

I think we have two up-front challenges here:

- Define "web service" in a way that is inclusive of what our companies and
the W3C really want to do with web services yet differentiates them from
"the web" in general.
I would agree that a web service (singular) has one requestor, one
responder, and 0 or more recipients.

- Define goals/priorities for this group so that we address the
architectural issues that are required to build practical and robust web
services.  Clearly orchestration and security are part of that mission.