RE: Different Levels of Reliable Messaging - Intermediaries

David, can you verify my understanding of what you mean by Intermediary ACK
and End-to-end ACK ?

Lets say A sends message M to B (an intermediary), which forwards M to 2
destinations C and D.
"IACK" stands for intermediary acknowledgement, "EACK" stands for
end-to-end acknowledgement

The following will describe the sequence of message flow.

1) A --(M)--> B
2) A <--(IACK)-- B
3) B --(M)--> C;  B--(M)--> D
4) B <--(IACK)-- C;  B <--(IACK)-- D
5) B <--(EACK)-- C;  B <--(EACK)-- D
6) A <--(EACK)-- B

At step (2), A get an "IACK" from B that indicates B has received the
message M.
At step (6), A get an "EACK" from B indicates ALL final destinations (A may
not know who they are) have received the message M.

Is this what you mean ?

Best regards,
Ricky