Re: Closing issue X

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 10:33:48AM -0500, Champion, Mike wrote:
> We have resolved to focus on the document, and on clarifying the rationales
> for various approaches and the situations in which one or the other is most
> appropriate.  I invite you to help us incorportate your perspective into the
> document in an appropriately qualified way rather than continuing to try to
> persuade us that all perspectives besides your own are "broken."

I think I've done my part there.  I've described the uniform interface;
what it is[1], how valuable it is[2], how it works[3], etc..  The group
has chosen not to use that constraint, which makes anything I would have
to add to the document (which assumes that constraint) incompatible with
the WSA architecture.

I tried to use to technical arguments as much as I could, but as I've
found with others who now believe me[4], you have to be in a mindset to
want to learn something new.  And most people here aren't,
unfortunately, as they honestly believe they're building something new
and great.  As Web services continue to struggle to be deployed on the
Internet[5], I hope people take time out to revisit some of the points
I've made here.

Let's see what the TAG has to say, as you say ...

 [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Jun/0085
 [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Jun/0213
 [3] http://www.markbaker.ca/2002/05/GettingStuffDoneOnTheWeb/
 [4] http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/2001-August/002801.html