Re: Closing issue X

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 12:07:52PM -0700, Champion, Mike wrote:
> It is on the about-to-be=published issues list.

Great, thanks.

> > In the interest of closing this issue so we can all get on with our
> > lives,
>
> Uhh, we're getting along just fine with our lives without this.  Maybe
> you could too eh? :-)

That's one way to look at it. 8-)

> >I'm going to take a stab at providing some closing text
>
> My suggested closing text would be something like "The message raising the
> issue cited Roy Fielding's dissertation as if it were a normative constraint
> on the Web Services Architecture. We currently cite it as informative, i.e.,
> an input to our deliberations. Until the TAG puts the "uniform interface
> constraint" in the Web architecture document draft, and it stays in
> subsequent drafts after the inevitable challenges from outside the TAG, the
> WSA WG sees no reason to consider this issue."

Hey, any reason works for me!

> In other words, Mark, I think you need to talk to the TAG, not us, at this
> point.

I would like nothing more than to do that!  But, to be process-friendly,
I need my issue resolved.  Of course, a "Please go do that" from the
chair would take care of that issue.

Are you asking me to do this?

> Can you explain your rationale for raising a question related to our
> non-compliance with a non-normative assertion about the Web architecture?
> Or has the TAG made this normative without me noticing?

Nope, they haven't got to it yet.  Dan Connolly and Roy Fielding have
stated[1] that the uniform interface is key.  No other TAG member, that
I'm aware of, has spoken up (at least in their capacity as a TAG
member - hi Dave 8-).

 [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Mar/0187