RE: Closing issue X

It is on the about-to-be=published issues list.

> In the interest of closing this issue so we can all get on with our
> lives,

Uhh, we're getting along just fine with our lives without this.  Maybe
you could too eh? :-)

>I'm going to take a stab at providing some closing text

My suggested closing text would be something like "The message raising the
issue cited Roy Fielding's dissertation as if it were a normative constraint
on the Web Services Architecture. We currently cite it as informative, i.e.,
an input to our deliberations. Until the TAG puts the "uniform interface
constraint" in the Web architecture document draft, and it stays in
subsequent drafts after the inevitable challenges from outside the TAG, the
WSA WG sees no reason to consider this issue."

In other words, Mark, I think you need to talk to the TAG, not us, at this
point.
Can you explain your rationale for raising a question related to our
non-compliance with a non-normative assertion about the Web architecture?
Or has the TAG made this normative without me noticing?

regards,

Mike