Re: SEM: OWL Full semantics

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 14:19, pat hayes wrote:
> >On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 13:37, pat hayes wrote:
> >>  >Pat, in your message
> >>  >http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003May/0067.html
> >>  >you wrote very sensible comments which I fully support.
> >>  >If I may suggest, put on your OWL S&AS editor's hat and
> >>  >put it those changes !-)
> >>
> >>  AS&S is a multi-document, and each part of it has a different editor
> >>  list.
> >
> >FYI... meanwhile, it's one W3C tech report, with one list
> >of editors in the TR page:
> >

> >OWL Web Ontology Language Semantics and Abstract Syntax
> >         31 March 2003, Peter F. Patel-Schneider, Patrick Hayes, Ian
> >         Horrocks
> >         Last Call Ends 9 May 2003
> >
> >With my W3C process hat on, the different editor lists for
> >different parts are just fancy-looking acknowledgements,
> >not relevant to the constraint that
> >"Every technical report on the Recommendation track is edited by one or
> >more editors appointed by a Working Group Chair."
> >  -- http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010719/tr
> >

> Ah, in that case I was under a different impression. I had thought
> that the ability to track these editorial delicacies was the primary
> purpose of having this rather odd format in a normative document.
>
> Clearly I have not handled this properly, I apologize.

No need for that; these things only become clear in
hindsight. I think we're all figuring out how best to
do this stuff...

> Under the circumstances, if your interpretation of the TR page is
> official W3C policy then it might be better to remove my name as an
> editor on the TR page.

Ah. Hmm...

>  I believe it is there only as a courtesy in
> any case,

I was under the impression the chairs had discussed this
"appointment" with you in substance.

Not a big deal... the list of editors can be updated any
time we update the document.