RE: Review of Test Document

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> >I oppose removing the test contents until all the links in the document
> >work. There are a number of test for which clicking on the link gets a
> >404 error
>
> No need to oppose - the W3C publication rules prohibit publication of a
> document with 404s.
>
> The files are in fact on the web server, there is a configuration error that
> makes the server not find them. I am hoping Dan can sort this problem.
>
> In any case all the files can be found inside:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/editors-draft/draft/approved.zip
> http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/editors-draft/draft/proposed.zip

There's a slight problem with this though -- the Manifest files in the zip
all have xml:base attributes which refer to the test web site. E.g. in
I5.8/Manifest005.rdf you get:

 xmlns:rtest="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/testSchema#"
 xmlns:otest="http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/testOntology#"
 xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
 xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
 xml:base="http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/I5.8/Manifest005">

		<rtest:premiseDocument>
			<rtest:RDF-XML-Document rdf:about="premises005">
				<otest:level
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/testOntology#DL"/>
			</rtest:RDF-XML-Document>
		</rtest:premiseDocument>

</rdf:RDF>

So premises005 gets resolved to:

http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/I5.8/premises005

but there isn't a premises005.rdf (or premises005.* for that matter) in
that directory. This makes it a bit tricky to automate testing as I can't
simply parse the Manifest and then run off and grab the files. I
appreciate though that keeping all this in synch *is* difficult while
we're in the process of editing/producing tests.

Cheers,

	Sean

--
Sean Bechhofer