Fwd: Announcement: New Process Document Operative

The new process document is now the operative process document - it
means we are now to follow this - as far a I can tell it should make
no difference to any of how we do things, but it is worth the time
for editors to skim the new pubrules to see if anything effects your
documents -- the pubrules are not yet in effect (see below) but
likely will be by the time we advance our documents to Rec.
  It's also worth our group reading the following:

>>    - Tips for getting to Recommendation faster
>>      http://www.w3.org/2002/05/rec-tips

cheers
  JH

> [...]

>   The Manual of Style has been updated:
>    http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual/
>
>   There is also a new Comm Team policy allowing in-place
>   modification for a small class of changes to a limited set of
>   document types.
>    http://www.w3.org/2003/01/republishing/
>
>   The TR document template has been updated:
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/Templates,new
>
>2) TR page
>    http://www.w3.org/TR
>
>    - Links to Member Submissions and Team Submissions have been
>       removed.
>
>    - Links to errata pages for Recommendations have been added.
>
>    - The "TR release form" has been deprecated and is no longer
>       required:
>      http://www.w3.org/TR/Release
>
>3) Home page
>    http://www.w3.org/
>
>    - Links to Member Submissions and Team Submissions are now
>      prominently featured in the right column.
>
>4) New Team Submission page (similar to Member Submission page)
>
>       http://www.w3.org/2003/06/TeamSubmission
>
>5) Liaisons.
>
>    - The following resources concerning liaisons have been
>       deprecated in favor of the new section on liaisons in the
>       Process Document:
>
>       http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Liaison
>       http://www.w3.org/1999/06/10-liaison
>
>      The liaisons page links to the new sections of the Process
>      Document:
>       http://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison
>
>6) Other resources that have been reviewed and updated.
>
>    - Guidelines for disciplinary action
>      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/discipline
>
>    - Tips for getting to Recommendation faster
>      http://www.w3.org/2002/05/rec-tips
>
>    - How to Join a Working Group
>      http://www.w3.org/Guide/howto-join-wg.html
>
>    - How to organize an AB or TAG election
>      http://www.w3.org/2002/10/election-howto
>
>-----------
>Nearly done
>-----------
>
>We will announce when the following has been completed.
>
>  - Updates to the pubrules checker
>    http://www.w3.org/2001/07/pubrules-form
>
>  - Tools for automatic notification of changes to an errata
>     page. Team contacts will be able to associate an errata page
>     with a mailing list for automatic notifications of changes.
>     The expectation is that each Recommendation will have a
>     dedicated mailing list for announcements related to errata
>     (whether discovery of, proposals to correct, or announcement
>     that corrections have become normative).
>
>----------------
>Future resources
>----------------
>
>  - In light of the new Process Document recommendation that
>     group charters include more detailed provisions about how
>     votes (if necessary) will take place, we would like to
>     create some guidelines for voting procedures based on
>     Chair experience.
>

>--
>Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
>Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447

Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***