Re: AS & S Review: overview

From: herman.ter.horst@philips.com
Subject: Re: AS & S Review: overview
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:12:11 +0100

> [...]
>
> > > Abstract, Introduction, Abstract Syntax:
> > > hth> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0204.html
> > > pfps> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0289.html
> > > Remaining points:
> > > - the abstract does not yet contain OWL Full
> > OWL Full is now mentioned.
> > > - the distinction between normative and informative could be
> > >   made more clear in the main parts of the document
> > > Peter is not aware that this is needed, I leave this to the chairs
> > > to comment.
> > I believe that each informative part is prominently so labelled.
>
> In the version of 10 February, neither any of the five main sections,
> nor any of its subsections, is prominently labeled informative,
> so I conclude that all of Section 5 is normative.
> This does not seem to be consistent with the sentence in the
> introduction stating that for OWL DL ontologies, the direct model
> theory is "authoritative" and the RDFS-compatible model is
> "secondary".

Hmm.  I guess that Section 5.3, OWL DL, could be labelled as informative.
If no one complains, I'll make this change.

> > > Direct model theoretic semantics:
> > > hth> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0205.html
> > > pfps> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0290.html
> > > Very small remaining point:
> > > implies instead of the symbol -> should also be done consistently
> > > in the remainder of the document.
> > I can no longer find any uses of -> in the document.
>
> See two tables in Section 5.2 where they still appear: those on
> domain/range and
> clases/datatypes/properties

Aaah, you mean →
I'm not sure why you don't like this symbol, but I'll take it out.

> > > Mapping to RDF graphs:
> > > hth> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0206.html
> > > No reaction by Peter
> > > Main point (see URL):
> > > - more explanation before mapping table needed
> > >
> > > OWL DL as RDF graphs:
> > > hth> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0227.html
> > > No reaction by Peter
> > > Main points (see URL):
> > > - reorder/rewrite material so that it becomes intelligible
> > > - include OWL Lite
> > > Jeremy also reviewed this part, agrees with these points,
> > > jjc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0332.html
> > > and has a proposal for an alternative:
> > > jjc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0356.html
> > I believe that Jeremy  is going to propose new versions of these parts
> of
> > the document.
>
> What about the correspondence theorem in Section 5 and Appendix A?
> You made updates to this appendix, while it depends on your version of
> the mapping from abstract syntax to RDF.

I think that the correspondence theorem and proof are still OK.  They still
disallow annotations and imports.  When there is agreement on annotations
and imports I'll update the theorem and proof.