RE: implementation report for DL syntax checker

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Peter:
> > I wrote an OWL DL syntax checker from the CR version of S&AS
> > and ran it over all the OWL tests.
>
> Congrats!
>

> > The checker was run on all files in accepted tests that were marked as
> > being in OWL Lite or OWL DL or not being in OWL DL.
>
> How did you do on the proposed tests - the ones that have not yet been
> successfully checked by any system are those added for the "feature at risk"
> in the CR request. It would be good to know whether I got those right or
> not.
>
> > I didn't run the
> > checker on files marked as not being in OWL Lite --- these are probably
> > also not in OWL DL, but this is not inferrable from the test manifest.
> >

> I am not sure what you mean - the intent is that each file mentioned in the
> manifest is labelled as Lite DL or Full. The test itself may have a
> different label, but that's typically more aimed at the syntactic checking.
>
> > The only mistakes that the checker made were on
> > http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/miscellaneous/consistent001 and
> > http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/miscellaneous/consistent002 where the
> > underlying XML engine that I am using (Galax) choked.  I expect to get a
> > new version of Galax next week and will see if these are then correctly
> > processed.
> >

> There was an XML error in those two files that Sean reported off-list, and
> has now been fixed.

I think there's still a problem in these two (assuming my validator is
working properly :-). The source of test consistent001 has an xmlns of
http://www.w3.org/.../miscellaneous/consistent001# which means that some
of the properties and individuals that are used in consistent002 (e.g.
wine:hasBody, wine:hasSugar, wine:hasFlavor, wine:hasColor, wine:Dry,
wine:Sweet etc. etc.) haven't actually been defined properly (e.g. no
ObjectProperty type triple for the properties). So they're not then in DL.

Did the problem with I5.2/premiseoo6 get on the list of needed fixes? The
definition of notAorB makes reference to "notB" rather than "#notB", which
means that the supposed entailment doesn't actually hold....

BTW we are now quite close to producing a reasoner that will passed over
90% of the DL (in)consistency and positive entailment tests. Pictures at
eleven....

Cheers,

	Sean

--