From: owner-protege-discussion@crg-gw.Stanford.EDU
[mailto:owner-protege-discussion@crg-gw.Stanford.EDU]On Behalf Of
Charles McCathieNevile
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2002 9:33 PM
To: Leo Obrst
Cc: SUO; semantic web; W3C Web Ontology WG; RDF; protege-discussion
Subject: Re: REQUEST: survey of available ontologies, taxonomies,
thesauri, lexicons?

To What extent would you consider an XML schema as an ontology? Some of them
are fairly vague - XHTML, or SVG, are representing fairly broad areas of
information without a lot of detail, but MathML and ChemML (and many other
examples) are fairly detailed ontologies, as I understand it.

Cheers

Charles McCN