Re: QCRs - How much time are they worth?

Jim,

On April 28, Jim Hendler writes:

> WOWGers-

> until we move OWL to PR.  Are they worth it?  What is an alternative?

[snip]

> Alternative:
>
>    Since OWL DL is SHIQ (maybe SHIOQ) we know QCRs are in our current
> semantic coverage.

I'm afraid that this isn't true. Since we dropped QCRs, OWL DL is only
SHION(D+) (the (D+) referring to datatypes), so we don't cover QCRs.

Having said that, I am no more keen on a 3-4 month delay than you
are. As an alternative, might it be possible to gather together
sensible proposals from the LC process with a view to an early release
of OWL 1.01, or some such?

Hopefully we can discuss this issue on Thursday.

Ian