Re: update to the compliance document

Deborah,

Just one minor comment.  The document does not explicitly say whether
subclassOf hierarchies can have cycles (like daml+oil) or not (like
rdfs).  Because subclassOf properties are listed under Rdfs features,
one would think that no cycles are allowed, while the presence of
sameClassAs in the language leads one to think that cycles are OK.

I guess the latter is the correct interpretation, but I can't
remember this issue being discussed and I guess one could argue that
cycles make implementations more complicated (actually, I don't
really think this is the case, I am simply arguing both ways).

Any views?

Enrico

--
Enrico Motta, PhD