Re: DTTF: Chair's request

On Fri, 2002-05-03 at 11:29, Jim Hendler wrote:
> DTTF-

Umm... Jim, there isn't really a task force any more.
There's just an issue and an owner.

"All obligatons of
the rest of the taskforce released till JonB ready."
	-- Webont April 25th Telecon - minutes for review
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Apr/0339.html

>   I, like a number of other members of the WG, have basically lost
> track of what is going on where, and this is made really hard by the
> multithreads of the discussion.

You seemed satisfied with JonB's summary in the telcon yesterday:

"JimH: in sum, we're still working on SEM/dark triples stuff."
 -- 2May minutes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0054.html

>  Just as an example, Pat has sent at
> least three different "how to do" DT proposals to the list, but
> people are still refering to "Pat's proposal" in various messages, as
> if it is a single thing.
>   JEremy's summary was a great help, but it mostly dealt with this
> technically.  I need a "process" oriented summary

Something beyond "the issue is open an JonB is the issue owner"?

> - would it be
> possible to create a document with the following:
>

> I Dark Triples-based approaches
>    A. Approaches that require RDF Core to change RDF Core
>    B. Approaches that are "OWL only"
> II Non-Dark triples-based approaches
>
> Where in each of these 3 categories (I.A, I.B, II) we have only a
> couple of sentence description and a pointer to a message with more
> info?
>
> If this could be a living document, kept up to date on line somewhere
> and growing or shrinking (as needed) in categories, it would be a
> huge help to the rexst of the WG,

Well, maybe. If that's how JonB wants to handle it, very well.
But I'm satisfied with weekly updates in the telcons.

> and probably be necessary if we are
> ever to reach any sort of end to the endless debate...
>
> Think of it as a "dark triples issues list"
>
>   Anyone willing to take this on?
>    thanks
>    JH
> p.s. Yes, I know all this info is out there, but it's in over 300
> email messages, which is a little much for me to ask non-WG members
> to look at.

We don't owe anything, beyond access to the archives and such,
to non-WG members at this point, do we?