Re: layering (5.3, 5.10): Sardinia compromise?

From: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Subject: layering (5.3, 5.10): Sardinia compromise?
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:23:09 +0200

> There have been numerous conversations between WG members in Sardiia this
> week.

Agreed.

> Some have been about layering.

Agreed.

> My take is that we have been arriving at a potential compromise.

Well, I don't think that I would label what I saw as an arrival at a
compromise, potential or otherwise.  From my viewpoint, I saw a new
proposal.  I agreed that this proposal has some potential, at least as far
as I could understand it from the very limited information I was given.
I do not yet know whether the proposal is a compromise or not, and if it is,
what what are the opposing positions that were involved in the compromise.

peter

PS: Yes, I do think that labelling the proposal as a compromise is
premature, and may cause problems.