Re: GUIDE: First steps

thanks - of course i am prejudiced  but i like the wines for a few reasons -

- it has been used for over a decade to explain description logics from the 1991
how and when to use a description logic system [1]

- it is the basis of a tutorial on description logics with 6 assignments for
lisp classic [2] and neo classic [3],  this is aimed at college or low level
graduate students

- it is the basis of a tutorial on how to do ontological modeling (more aimed at
protege than other systems but the paper attempted to be generic.  the paper is
"ontology 101" ) [4]

- i and a few colleagues have just used it to do another very simple intro by
example to daml+oil  (in final copy editing stages - i can post a link in
probably a week)

also, i can probably come up with "naturally occuring" examples in wines to
cover most examples we might want to show off.... and then again... it may
provide a reason for us all to go wine tasting to extend the ontology :-)

[1]
http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/papers/living-with-classic-abstract.html
[2] http://www.bell-labs.com/project/classic/papers/ClassTut/ClassTut.html  and
[3] http://www.bell-labs.com/project/classic/papers/NeoTut/NeoTut.html