Re: proposed rewording to 'tagging' requirement.

At 1:49 PM -0500 2/21/02, Mike Dean wrote:
>  > The language must provide a way to allow statements to be 'tagged'
>>  with additional information such as author, date, confidence level,
>>  etc. . The language need not provide a standard set of properties
>>  that can be used in this way, but should instead provide a general
>>  mechanism for users to attach such information.
>
>This looks good to me.  I'd probably use "source, timestamp"
>rather than "author, date", but that's not critical

>.  Do we
>want to say something about "individual statements or groups
>of statements"?
>
>Thanks!
>
>	Mike

Mike it is not clear to me we had consensus on statements vs. groups
thereof, and as Frank said on the phone today we can leave ourselves
some leeway on possibly contentious issues.  Speaking just for
myself, I like Pat's wording and think it meets the intent of the
requirement we approved at the f2f.
  -JH

AV Williams Building, Univ of Maryland		  College Park, MD 20742