Re: oneOfDistinct, a proposal for 5.18

At 10:20 AM -0500 12/20/02, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>change the semantics document to add it until probably after the F2F.  I'm
>also asking that the resolution of the WG be revisited (reopened, [whatever
>is the appropriate term].)

>[snip]

>There is an alternative, however, which I think is preferable in some ways.
>
>OWL could have something like
>
><owl:AllDistinct rdf:parseType="Collection">
>   <owl:Person rdf:about="#John"/>
>   <owl:Person rdf:about="#Susan"/>
></owl:AllDisjoint>
>
>This is not a description, and thus does not cause the problems of
>oneOfDistinct.
>
>I propose reopening the decision in the telecom yesterday, and propose
>replacing oneOfDistinct with AllDistinct as above.
>
>Peter F. Patel-Schneider
>Bell Labs Research

Prior to yesterday's telecon the group had a consensus that they
could live with the "allDisjoint" solution (essentially what Jos
proposed a month or so back).  Dan's proposal had more support, but
under the assumption it was technically feasible.  If the WG
indicates that they agree with Peter and/or prefer this decision, I
will be willing to revisit our decision.  If not, then we can go to
LC without the semantics document, and resolve this and release that
document in LC form as soon thereafter as we can
  -JH