Re: datatypes part 3

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 12:54, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Peter wrote: [1]
> [[
> 3/ OWL will include all XML Schema built-in non-list simple types, using
> the canonical URI reference for them.
> ]]
>
> Jeremy wrote: [2]
> [[
> Exclude xsd:QName, xsd:ENTITY, xsd:NOTATION
> ]]
>
> Also exclude xsd:duration, because it has no well defined canonical form,

How is that a problem? As long as the mapping (from
values to lexical forms) is InverseFunctional, that's
all we need, no?

i.e. can you make an OWL test case where this matters?

> and equality is not well-defined.

Could you elaborate? Equality of six-tuples
is clear enough, no?

"The ˇvalue spaceˇ of duration is a six-dimensional space where the
coordinates designate the Gregorian year, month, day, hour, minute, and
second components"

-- http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-2-20010502/#duration

again, a test case would be most helpful.