RE: proposal to close Issue 5.8 Datatypes

I support Peter's proposal with two amendments, see in-line.

Exclude xsd:QName, xsd:ENTITY, xsd:NOTATION

(see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Nov/att-0092/02-index.ht
ml#context
)

> 4/ OWL can use XML Schema non-list simple types defined at the top
>    level of an XML Schema document and given a name, by using the URI
>    reference constructed from the URI of the document and the
> local name of
>    the simple type.  That is, if U is the URI of an XML Schema document
>    that contains,
>    <xsd:schema ...>
>      <xsd:simpleType name="foo">
>        <xsd:restriction base="integer">
>         <xsd:minInclusive value="1700">
>        </xsd:restriction>
>      </xsd:simpleType>
>    </xsd:schema>
>    then the URI reference U#foo will be that datatype.
>
>    Implementations of OWL may choose to ignore the facets such a type.

Hmmm, we should co-ordinate with RDF Core and XML Schema WGs on this one.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Nov/att-0092/02-index.ht
ml#uris