Re: Datatypes - chair's ruling on part 4 [was proposal to close issue 5.8 datatypes]

I was going to suggest that we break this point out as
a separate issue marked it postponed, for bascially
the same reasons we postponed structured datatypes...

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I4.3-Structured-Datatypes

but I think this issue about range restrictions is actually
the same issue as point 4 raises, and we already decided
to postpone it...

"The fundamental issue with integration of XML types and XML Schema
datatypes into OWL seems to be based on the fact that there do not exist
unique URIreferences for each XML Schema type."

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.7-Range-restrictions-should-not-be-separate-URIs

When we closed 5.7, we were perhaps not very thorough; for
example, we didn't action the reference editor to remove
the stuff in the "Properties and Datatypes" section.
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-owl-guide-20021104/#Datatypes1
I think there's relevant text in the semantics document too.