Re: question about imports

>From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
>Subject: question about imports
>Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:27:45 -0600
>

>>  As I understand things, the current meaning of imports is that including
>>
>>  owl:imports B
>>
>>  in a document A has exactly the same meaning as copying the imports
>>  closure of B into A.
>>
>>  So I have a question: consider two documents A and AC which are
>>  identical except that A contains owl:imports B, and AC actually has
>>  the imports closure of B copied into it at that point, but has no
>>  reference whatever to B.
>
>This is different from the previous proposal in that it drops the imports
>triple.
>
>>  These two documents have exactly the same
>>  meaning, right?
>
>No, because the second is missing a triple.

They are syntactically distinct, but I believe they are true in
exactly the same interpretations (?). Keeping the imports triple with
the imported graph is like saying P and P instead of P, right?

>>  And the first, but not the second, refers to another
>>  document.
>
>And they have different meaning (as n-triples documents).

In what does the difference reside?

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam