Re: TEST, SEM: test cases for dark triples

From: jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com
Subject: Re: TEST, SEM: test cases for dark triples
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:28:07 +0200

> [...]
>
> > > OWL-entails
> > >
> > >   :John a ( owl:Restriction _:x owl:onProperty :child owl:hasClass _:x ) .
>
> [...]

> the () are indeed regular owl lists

But then :John becomes an instance of the list given above.
This is not a valid consequence, or, at least, does not appear to me to be
a valid consequence in any version of OWL/FOWL/DAML+OIL that I am familiar
with.

Are you indeed deducing that :John is a member of an object that is an
instance of daml:List?  If so, please let me know what sort of logical
system you have implemented in your rules.