Re: revisiting preemption

1.  I would of course like another definition.

2.  My feeling is to preempt transitions if their source state is in the
exit set of another transition regardless of it they are targetless or not.
 The reason is because it leaves the algorithm open to not even consider
transitions from atoms in the configuration that are in a previous
transition's exit set.  This could be a significant speed increase in some
situations because you can trim the atom list as you process transitions.
 Walking up from the atom to the root to find a transition (and run the
conditions and such) sometimes does take time, so a short circuit as
powerful as not having to consider the atom at all is a big win IMO.

3.  I would vote for as modular and functionally decomposed pseudo-code as
possible as it is easier to translate into functional code.

Chris

--
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds - Emerson