RE: Does <send> place events on the internal or external queue?

Gavin,
That's not quite right.  It is true that <raise> always adds events to the internal queue, but <send> with the SCXML Event I/O processor can add events to the internal queue when the special target '#_internal' is used  (see D.1)  However, the Basic HTTP Event I/O processor always adds events to the external event queue, and it is also the default when 'target/targetexpr' is not specified.

-          Jim

From: Gavin Kistner [mailto:phrogz@me.com]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 4:26 PM
To: www-voice@w3.org; www-voice@w3.org
Subject: Does <send> place events on the internal or external queue?

The specs for <raise> (section 4.2) say:
"The SCXML processor must place the event that is generated at the rear of the session's **internal** event queue."
and also
"Note that the 6.2 <send> element may also be used to raise **internal** events in an SCXML session."

The specs for <send> (section 6.2.4) say:
"If neither the 'target' nor the 'targetexpr' attribute is specified, the SCXML Processor must add the event will be added to the **external** event queue of the sending session."

Ignoring the grammar typo in that last sentence, I'd like to be sure:

* <raise> always adds events to the internal queue.
* <send> always adds events to the external queue (when targeting an SCXML session, including the current one).

Is that right?