RE: Field without a prompt

Hi !

Without not going into the reasons reasons to do field item without
prompt;, Yes. Field item can exist without any prompt. In fact the
prompts before the collection to that fields starts can be queued from
other elements processed during FIA collect phase. But if you indeed
have a field item without any prompts and reprompt request occurs
nothing is putted to prompt queue and thus nothing is prompted. In this
case you should use event counts to define amount of events
like"nomatch" can occur in that field. In  my example this count is 3.

<nomatch count="3">
    <-- executed when event nomatch is thrown 3rd time while the
collecting this field -->
    <prompt> Sorry I could not really under stand you, bye </prompt>
    <-- lets disconnect the phone call-->
    <disconnect/>
</nomatch>

You should probably do something more clever in here. Studying FIA helps
a lot to understand the VoiceXML process / collect loop that plays a big
role in this question too. If form has more field items that you want to
collect you may use cond or filling this particulars field item to make
FIA to skip its collect.

The interesting part in here is the "timeout", but that's another story
then.

- Teemu

(oh I see that you got some answer already but..)