From: www-voice-request@w3.org [mailto:www-voice-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
Shane Smith
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:01 AM
To: Petrova Anastasia
Cc: www-voice@w3.org
Subject: Re: Field without a prompt

Anastasia,

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish, but are you able to

If there is a valid reason to have a field without any prompts, I'm sure the
list would be welcome to the suggestion.  Otherwise, you are probably at the
mercy of individual vendor interpretations of the specification.  It might
work and it might not, but if you have a certain task that needs
accomplishing, maybe a better method can be suggested.

If you don't need to collect user input, avoid using field.  Use
<form><block> instead.  If you are collecting user input, normally you would
want to prompt them for this.  But if not, you should still be able to have
a prompt that doesn't play anything audible.

Regards,
Shane Smith

On 10/17/06, Petrova Anastasia < Anastasia.Petrova@bercut.com