RE: [dialog] Guillaume #4 - VBWG official response to VoiceXML 2.0 Last Call Review Issues

Scott,

Sorry about my last imprecise comment, as Rajan adviced, I forgot to take
into account form-level grammars in my comment. It may therefore be
difficult to validate when entering the waiting state that there is at least
an active grammar (at form or field level or even document level?) that
would able to fill in the currently active field. Preventing author typos is
may be too difficult in this case. Please discard my previous comment.

> I don't see how input may be gathered from the user if no grammar is
> associated with the field.
>
> My suggestion was therefore that it would probably not make sense from a
> VXML author to define a field without a grammar.

Regards,

Guillaume.