Re: grammar that matches arbitrary word?

Hi Markku,

Actually that application is not so simple.

Consider what the alternative is
- the recogniser returns a phoneme string *instead* of a word
- the recogniser has a "build in" name grammar

The last option is not really possible - there are two many names in the world
(and new ones are invented all the time).

Besides, is it the name of a person, a company or exactly what?
There could be many other interesting categories.

Your example has 50M words. From an acoustic modeling point of view,
this is quite impossible to handle - the error rate would be too large.

On the whole, I think the <one-of> approach is fine for a simple application.
VXML was not invented with large vocabulary speech recognition in mind.

Cheers
Jesper