Re: Validator Api Problem On IIS

On Saturday 27 November 2010, Mehmet Erdal ÖZKINACI wrote:
> I installed w3 validator on windows 7 and iis 7.5.

Just in case you're not aware of it, there are some Windows installation
instructions available at http://validator.w3.org/docs/install_win.html
(That's for Apache though, I don't know if there are any documents how to run
the validator with IIS.)

> Everything is ok while using html gui with browser. However, I call
> validator in c# code
>
> like http//.../check.pl?uri=www.google.com&output=soap12, protocol error
> occurs.

Please be more specific about "protocol error occurs" - post the complete
error message you're seeing, check your IIS error logs if they contain
something that might help (and post them here too).

> Because, I think pl extension of check.pl file. Header is check.pl
> and content of file is xml.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Header" here.

> (In order to validator work no IIS, I had to changed check file name to
> check.pl)

FWIW, I tested changing the script name to check.pl on my local (Linux) system
and the soap12 interface appeared to work ok.