Re: different results

On 8-Oct-08, at 5:50 AM, Berend Raap wrote:
> When checking my files yesterday I got a lot of errors which
> surprised me because I frequently check files. Today checking the
> same file by file upload I get the message: Error found while
> checking this document as HTML 4.01 Transitional!
> No Character Encoding Found! Falling back to UTF-8
> Unable to Determine Parse Mode!

... and then probably "end of file in prolog"? If that's the case, you
are the victim of a recent bug which still eludes us. In certain
specific cases (which I haven't been able to reproduce yet) the
validator receives empty files when using file upload. I hope we can
get this fixed soon.

--
olivier