Re: checklink: local variable names

On Tuesday 30 September 2008, Michael Ernst wrote:
> It's poor style for local variables to shadow existing variables -- that
> is, to reuse the same variable name in a smaller scope.  This patch
> corrects a few such problems in checklink.

I agree that it's a style issue, but in this case it is actually intentional.
The longish term plan is to get rid of as many global scope things as
possible, and rename the remaining ones that cannot be eliminated, if any.
When this plan starts to become reality, these issues get sorted
out "properly" - I don't think it'd be good to make cosmetic changes that
we'd probably want to revert later meanwhile, such as this one.