Re: Install Validator on XP/IIS

Allan Smith wrote:
> According to
> http://weblogs.asp.net/stevencohn/articles/59782.aspx
> Virtual hosts doesn’t work on IIS with XP Pro
>
> The install instructions at
> http://validator.w3.org/docs/install_win.html
> says it must be done
>
> Should I just install the validator in a folder on the
> Only web-site it allows?
> Any one got any ideas?
>
> Allan Smith
> Webmanager
>
> Support Telford Steam Railway for free when shopping online with over 400
> brand-name retailers including:-
>  Amazon, NEXT, M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, HMV, The Body Shop, Vodafone,
> DELL, Woolworths, PLAY.com, Interflora and Comet amongst many others...
> TSR Easyfundraisning

Hi Alan,

It may be easier just to install an Apache server on Windows.[1][2]
I'd try wamp5 first as it is a little easier to use. And just make sure
that the mod_include module is installed as per the install guide page.
[1] http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php
[2] http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#522

Cheers

--