Re: QA & A11y question: new w3c validator interface

On Aug 23, 2007, at 11:55 , olivier Thereaux wrote:

> Hi Gez,
>
> On Aug 22, 2007, at 19:13 , Gez Lemon wrote:
>> The solution to this particular problem is simple. If the content
>> that
>> to be hidden is removed with display: none and put back with display:
>> block, then keyboard users won't have to tab through hidden interface
>> elements.
>>
>> The simplest way to do this would be to have two classes in CSS, and
>> then add/remove the classes with script as and when required to
>> reduce
>> latency so that screen readers have a chance to update their virtual
>> buffer following the click event.
>
> I understand and agree with this, but I'm not sure how it differs
> with the existing behavior:
> http://validator.w3.org/scripts/w3c-validator.js

Looking further, I think I finally understand: while the tabbed
sections are indeed hidden from view with display: none, the options
toggling apparently isn't.

For the options toggling, we are using the mootools framework's
slideOut and slideIn routines, I can send them a suggestion to make
sure that slideOut() properly forces display:none;.

--
olivier