RE: [VE][388] Error Message Feedback

On Sat, 13 May 2006, Jan Christian Anker wrote:

> On all web-pages I make, I include the "W3-validation icons"
> for HTML and CSS.  The use of these icons promotes W3 as an
> organization, it promotes correct coding,  and our company as a
> company that delivers correctly written web-pages.

The icons are worse than useless - pointless technobabble, adding a
negative value to the page's content and style. In this case, it seems
that they also led you into some mystic problem with a _warning_. A
warning warns about something; when you understand its meaning, you can
ignore it, or make use of it. (You can also ignore it without
understanding it, but that's a path I don't particularly recommend.) You
seem to have turned a warning about a potential problem into a problem,
for no good reason.

Besides, the "Valid HTML!" are so often just false claims, and often
blatant lies, that it would be foolish to believe them.