Re: [VE][388] Error Message Feedback

This thread has evolved into two issues:
1.
>On Fri, 12 May 2006, Jan Christian Anker wrote:
>

>>The following line in my HTML-coding results in a bunch of
>>WARNING messages (i.e. no error, but annoyance)
>><!-- ----------------- Text etc goes here ----------------- -->
>>The following line validates just fine:
>><!-- _________________ Text etc goes here _________________ -->

The Warning messages resulting from the first comment line are due to
failure to follow the standards established for HTML ending with the note:

"A common error is to include a string of hyphens ("---") within a comment."

2.

>>(On the other hand, why don't you just remove the comment? If your
>>HTML markup "needs" a comment, the odds are that it is too artificial
>>and should be restructured. Comments considered harmful.)

Jan as you noted the standards includes provisions for comments.
Comments are a matter of style. I have been hearing arguments similar to
Jakka's sense my code was stored on paper tape; again when comments
required additional Hollerith cards ...  Although I have not attended
all the seminars or programming classes offered sense 1963, I think no
documentation is a minority view for all the reasons you pointed out.