Re: Local www-validator does not work and header/footer does not appear

On Jul 19, 2006, at 14:02 , OOzy Pal wrote:

> I do have the two lines. As a matter of fact I modified these lines
> and the check function work OK

Good, that's not what the httpd.conf you quoted showed, but if you
have added them and it now works, that's progress.

> but I am still missing the header and footer in the initial page.

Which means that the server-side includes are not being processed.
Usually, the bit about Options               IncludesNOEXEC and
AddHandler server-parsed .html do that job. What you can do:

- check that you have mod_include
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_include.html

- make sure that you don't have other parts of your httpd.conf,
or .htaccess overriding the Options               IncludesNOEXEC.

- give the apache SSI tutorial a look, and see if you're not missing
something
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/ssi.html

hope this helps
--