Re: Local www-validator does not work and header/footer does not appear

On 7/20/06, olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2006, at 14:02 , OOzy Pal wrote:
>
> > I do have the two lines. As a matter of fact I modified these lines
> > and the check function work OK
>
> Good, that's not what the httpd.conf you quoted showed, but if you
> have added them and it now works, that's progress.
>
> > but I am still missing the header and footer in the initial page.
>
> Which means that the server-side includes are not being processed.
> Usually, the bit about Options               IncludesNOEXEC and
> AddHandler server-parsed .html do that job. What you can do:
>
> - check that you have mod_include
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_include.html
>
> - make sure that you don't have other parts of your httpd.conf,
> or .htaccess overriding the Options               IncludesNOEXEC.
>
> - give the apache SSI tutorial a look, and see if you're not missing
> something
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/ssi.html
>
> hope this helps
> --
> olivier

FINALLY, I did :

$ sudo /usr/sbin/apache-modconf apache enable mod_include

everything worked ok.

Now my validator works perfectly locally except the feedback function
which I will work on later after I get my css-validator up and
running.

--
OOzy
Kubuntu-Dapper