Re: checklink:

What a fun program, totally off subject unless you are interested in
validating html/xhtml across a linked bunch of pages.

I think you will find this requires programming.

Perl is so last-year. I wrote link-walking programs many years ago!

DOM scripting  (aka ajax among others) would be my choice.

Imagine adding a simple link to a simple html page that could verify
an entire site, or an entire "collection of pages" across multiple
domains. Just following the links on that page!

Fun..

Jake

PS
I never heard of "the W3C linkchecker"! What does it do?

On Aug 6, 2006, at 9:26 AM, Dmitri Goosens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Dmitri Goosens and I am finishing a master degree in
> software and web localization at the ISTI (http://heb.be/isti/
> isti.htm) in Brussels, Belgium. I have to write a scientific
> article to graduate. I want to do some research on the existing
> link checkers.
>
> I have been running some tests with the on-line version and saw
> that the number of links this version checks is limited. I suppose
> that if I download it and install it on my computer, there will be
> no limitations.
>
> I did try to follow all the steps you mention in the instructions,
> but I am not able to install the program. I am not an Engeneer in
> Computer Science and thus I have never worked with Perl.
>
> I wondered if you could direct me to a website that explains step-
> by-step how to install the W3C linkchecker or, even better, explain
> it to me.
>
> I did install "ActivePerl-5.6.1.638-MSWin32-x86.msi" and have a
> basic WinXP Pro computer.
>
> Regards,
> Dmitri

Ⓙⓐⓚⓔ - יעקב   ʝǡǩȩ   ᎫᎪᏦᎬ