Re: suggestions on how to speed up launch of check script?

Hi Chuck,

On Apr 8, 2006, at 11:11, Chuck Houpt wrote:
> Does validator.w3.org run using mod_perl (or something else)? Or is it
> running via standard CGI, just on a very fast machine?

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the dev version of the validator (with
the obvious caveat that it's a dev version...) *only* runs with
mod_perl.

That said, I am surprised that the validator runs very slowly on your
(old) machine. FWIW, the w3c service (serving gazillions requests every
day) "only" runs on two servers,  with reasonable performance. I guess,
since we started using templates, it does take a bit more memory, and
the startup time is a bit longer, but the really bad performances that
we had in 0.7.0 are a thing of the past.

If you can, give the 0.8-dev (from CVS) a try, it should not only work
under mod_perl, it's also generally faster.

--
olivier