Re: suggestions on how to speed up launch of check script?

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 11:44 +0900, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> Hi Chuck,
>
> On Apr 8, 2006, at 11:11, Chuck Houpt wrote:
> > Does validator.w3.org run using mod_perl (or something else)? Or is it
> > running via standard CGI, just on a very fast machine?
>
> Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the dev version of the validator (with
> the obvious caveat that it's a dev version...) *only* runs with
> mod_perl.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, you're mistaken :) and it should run ok
as a normal CGI script too.  But when running it with mod_perl, in
particular the in-memory caching of the template and config files will
certainly result in performance improvements.