Re: Validation of XHTML with other namespaces

> >Vladimir Volkov wrote:
> >Could you please give me a citation from XHTML recommendation where it
> >is said that use of other namespaces (the way it is specified in XML
> >recommendations) is prohibited?
>
> Björn Höhrmann wrote:
> Section 3.1 of http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/ for example.

But the "correct" example from section 3.1.2, it still does not validate
in the w3c validator:

  <head>
    <title>A Math Example</title>
  </head>
    <math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML">
      <apply> <log/>
        <logbase>
          <cn> 3 </cn>
        </logbase>
        <ci> x </ci>
      </apply>
    </math>

I'm trying to get a document that uses Microsoft VML to validate, very
similar to the Google Maps
API example at http://www.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/simple.html

      xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml">
  <head>
    <title>Google Maps API Example - simple</title>

How can we validate documents that specify a namespace?  Or, how can we
rewrite these pages so the W3C validator will handle them?