Re: Validation of XHTML with other namespaces

Bryce Nesbitt wrote:

> the "correct" example from section 3.1.2, it still does not
> validate in the w3c validator:

> lang="en">

After deleting the lang="en" and adding a corresponding DOCTYPE
it worked for me:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/xhtml-math11-f.dtd">
  <head>
[...]

Weird effect, that might be validator bug, with a manual DOCTYPE
override at <http://validator.w3.org/fragment-upload.html> it
does _not_ work for XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0 with my browser:

The validator then claims that <html> and </html> are "wrong".

The same test input with "detect automatically" results in...
"This Page Is Valid XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0!"

I'd say you found a validator v0.7.1 bug, something with the
DOCTYPE override doesn't work as expected.

For another working example see the "XHTML/MathML2 (with FPI)"
case in the test suite <http://validator.w3.org/dev/tests/>

And this also fails miserably when I use the DOCTYPE override.

                              Bye, Frank