Re: Validator Help

Hello David,

On Jan 8, 2004, at 2:41, David Taylor wrote:
> I’ve got the Validator setup on a linux machine on our internal
> network and have managed to get things work, for the most part.
[but...]

I am not sure what causes you problem, but I think we can help you find
out:

- check the (beta) installation guide here, and verify that you did not
forget any of the steps.
http://validator.w3.org:8001/docs/install

- look at your (Web) server log errors. If the validator always returns
"invalid", chances are it spits out error messages.

- Do you have openSP installed? Which version? (onsgmls --version) Have
you tried running OpenSP directly (command line)? Check e.g the
following for command-line usage:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2003Oct/0065.html

- Did you install the SGML lib, too?
http://validator.w3.org/sgml-lib.tar.gz

- Did you copy and edit the config at /etc/w3c/validator.conf ?

Tell us your findings, and thanks for installing the validator.
--
olivier